Due to YASA’s continued growth and success, we are looking for a Project Manager to join the team to take responsibility for developing and driving project plans for multiple customers through to completion. As well as this, you will provide the bridge between the customer and the internal engineering teams.
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self starter who prides themselves on their ability to deliver and has a flair for engineering and robust engineering practices. As a key point of contact with customers, you will be confident, have a good understanding of project management processes, and be fully conversant in the requirements and needs of the automotive industry.
You will thrive in a small company environment, with a flexible and proactive approach to ensuring a range of tasks and challenges are progressed through to completion.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Being the prime technical and project interface to key YASA customers
- Motivating and driving internal teams, setting goals and direction
- Identifying key project and product areas, and tracking and developing mitigating actions for teams
- Ensuring design and project best practises are followed, identifying any gaps and developing processes as the company grows
- Organising delivery of projects with cross functional teams
- Generating realistic achievable project plans using MS project and driving through to completion
- Facilitating discussions with key suppliers’ internal key functions on timing costs, APQP, PPAP and delivery requirements
- Working with the Sales Team to realise technical opportunities with developing customers
- Providing updates to management on the state of projects, develop action plans to resolve issues
- Ensure development, procurement, assembly and delivery meet project timing.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years’ experience working in the automotive industry or similar
- Proven project management experience
- Demonstrated track record of engineering ability in an electrical or mechanical discipline
- Experienced in managing OEM customers both technically and commercially to ensure costs delivery and quality are clear at all times
- Good awareness of best practise development processes, requirements and expectations
- Track record of successful project delivery
- Experienced in the use of MS project and practical project/risk management techniques
- Instinctive problem-solving skills coupled with a sound analytical approach
- Ability to work under pressure while managing conflicting demands against tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills practised in negotiation and presentations.
- 25 days’ holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
- Share scheme
Apply for this vacancy using the contact form below: