YASA is looking for a Test and Validation Engineer to join our rapidly growing company. This is a key role within YASA supporting the growth and diversification of our products and markets, reporting to our Systems & Verification Team Manager. Ideally this role would suit an engineer who is highly-motivated and has a background in the test and validation of new products.
You will need to be comfortable working hands-on with mechanical, both low and high voltage (up to 1000V) electrical systems and software forming motor/controller test rigs. Software will include MATLAB, LabVIEW, CANalyser amongst others, training can be provided where required. You will identify and implement any equipment needed to perform testing or improve facilities; ensuring accuracy, repeatability and industry standards are always met. This may include input towards fixturing design, creation of device specifications and innovative test methodologies.
You must possess a desire to work in a small but rapidly growing business, relishing the responsibility and opportunity this brings. You will be responsible for all aspects of validation and design verification testing of YASA products for both in house and customer specific development projects.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Organise, undertake and produce engineering reports on in-house testing of motors using a range of test rigs and motor controllers. This may include design/specification and procurement of mechanical fixturing and test measurement equipment, preparation of test control scripts, supervision of test technicians and post-processing and analysis of data
- Develop and carry out methods and test plans against customer or internal requirement specifications
- Define standard working practices to promote repeatability and robustness of test processes
- Liaise with external test houses for environmental and other testing – determining fixtures, scheduling tests and producing engineering reports
- Maintain test equipment, advise and implement improvements as required, including HS&E activities relating to test facilities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2yrs + experience in a test, design or development environment for mechanical systems
- Strong mechanical or electrical engineering background and the ability to apply fundamental engineering principles to the analysis and interpretation of test results and to the specification of mechanical and electrical assemblies to support in-house testing
- Strong analytical and judgment skills including ability to troubleshoot and advise on solutions in the area of testing
- Creative problem solver with ability to practically resolve issues and innovate where required
- Good initiative, with the ability to manage own time and priorities
- Flexibility in their approach to work, with a desire to thrive in a dynamic and fast moving environment
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), good collaboration skills, and the ability to work effectively across teams within the organisations
- Practical knowledge in the design, use, and application of electric machines or similar components preferred
- Proficiency in MATLAB, LabVIEW and SolidWorks preferred
- Willingness to travel as required.
- 25 days’ holiday
- On-site gym
- Private medical plan
- 4 x death in service
- Flexible working hours
- Social activities
Apply for this vacancy using the contact form below: