E-motors & controllers for electric traction
Customers developing next-generation electric powertrains face the major challenge of integrating powerful electric e-motors and controllers into environments tightly constrained by weight and space whilst minimising vehicle costs.
An electric drive unit (EDU) that integrates a YASA e-motor and controller together with an FEV designed 2-speed gearbox, clutch and electric actuators in one compact package is shown. This 2-speed EDU provides high efficiency driving in both urban and highway driving, enabling significant savings in battery capacity and cost over single speed drives.
EDU Concept – specification overview
- 2-speed powershift EDU with neutral function
- Maximum EM torque: 500 Nm
- Maximum axle torque: 6000 Nm
- Power: 300 kW peak / 150 kW cont. at 700 Volts
- System weight (total, dry): < 85 kg
- YASA axial flux electric motor (13.3kW/kg) with coaxial, integrated inverter for highest power density
- Park-by-wire system
- Integrated cooling and lubrication circuit for inverter, motor and transmission.
complete 2-speed electric drive unit
up to 6000Nm and 300kW peak at wheels from 85kg