1. Personal Data
YASA Limited (About YASA) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully. We adhere to the principles relating to the obtaining and processing of Personal Data which are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR) and are responsible for and must be able to demonstrate compliance with the data protection principles listed here.
We collect information about you to tailor our business and to provide you with the best possible service. We will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested. We need to keep some details on file as per the examples in the table below. We will not pass your details on to others without contacting you first.
Your information will not be used for marketing purposes outside of YASA. We will never sell your data and YASA Ltd promise to keep your details safe and secure.
Our Data Protection Officer and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
- 01865 952 100
We may collect the following personal data:
|Personal data type:||Source|
|Name||Directly through our website, or through 3rd party GDPR compliant contracted recruitment agencies.|
|Address||Directly through our website, or through 3rd party GDPR compliant contracted recruitment agencies.|
|Telephone Number||Directly through our website, or through 3rd party GDPR compliant contracted recruitment agencies.|
|Mobile Number||Directly through our website, or through 3rd party GDPR compliant contracted recruitment agencies.|
|Email Address||Directly through our website, or through 3rd party GDPR compliant contracted recruitment agencies.|
|Company||Directly through our website, or through 3rd party GDPR compliant contracted recruitment agencies.|
|CV’s and / or applications;||Directly through our website, or through 3rd party GDPR compliant contracted recruitment agencies.|
|References and Interview Notes;||Directly through our website, or through 3rd party GDPR compliant contracted recruitment agencies.|
|Letters of offer and acceptance of employment;||Directly through our website, or through 3rd party GDPR compliant contracted recruitment agencies.|
|Payroll information; including but not limited to National Insurance Number, Bank Details for remuneration.||Directly through our website, or through 3rd party GDPR compliant contracted recruitment agencies.|
|Wage and benefit information;||Directly through our website, or through 3rd party GDPR compliant contracted recruitment agencies.|
|Forms relating to the application for, or in respect of changes to, employee health and welfare benefits; including, short and long term disability, medical and dental care; and|
beneficiary and emergency contact information.
|Directly through our website, or through 3rd party GDPR compliant contracted recruitment agencies.|
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- Administration – Stored within a CRM system.
Our legal basis for processing the personal data:
- Legitimate Interest in our products or services.
- Contractual for things such as Warranties / Returns / Sales
Any legitimate interests pursued by us, or third parties we use, are as follows:
- Fraud Prevention
- Marketing Research
- Submission of your data to us for a complaint, claim or a Subject Access Requests.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for YASA to process both types of personal data (administrative and marketing), but it must be explicitly given. Where we are asking you for sensitive personal data we will always tell you why and how the information will be used.
You may withdraw consent at any time by contacting the DPO for YASA at firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a copy of the ‘Withdrawal of Consent Procedure’ and the ‘Data Subject Consent Withdrawal Form’. This must be completed and submitted back to the DPO at the same address where it will be processed in line with our ‘Withdrawal of Consent Procedure’.
YASA will not pass on your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent.
4. Retention period
YASA will process personal data for up to 90 days and will store the personal data for a further retention period dependent on the category of the data, this is recorded in the YASA Retention Period Procedure document available upon request from the DPO.
5. Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that YASA refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved (as stated in section 4 above) in the processing of your personal data.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by YASA (or third parties as described in section4 above), or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and YASA’s data protection representatives Data Protection Officer.
The details for each of these contacts are:
|Supervisory contact:||Data Protection Officer (DPO) Contact|
|Customer Contact||YASA Limited|
|Wycliffe House||11-14 Mead Road|
|Water Lane||Oxford Industrial Park, Yarnton,|
|SK9 5AF||OX5 1QU|
|0303 123 1113||01865 952 100|
7. Privacy statement
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, YASA, will collect and use your personal data for the following reasons:
- To provide you with information or products relating to the services provided by YASA where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To provide appropriate details to you regarding an order, recruitment submission, general enquiry, marketing enquiry for example.
- To notify you about any changes to our service.
You will be asked in advance for your consent for inclusion in each instance.
Like most websites, this site uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user interaction. We use the data from GA to determine how many people are using our site, how people find and use our web pages, and to visualise user journeys through the website.
Although GA records data, such as, your geographical location, device, internet browser and operating system, none of this information makes you personally identifiable to YASA. Your computer’s IP address is also recorded by GA and presents a potential way for you to be personally identified; however, Google do not grant YASA access to this information. We consider Google to be a third-party data processor.
Why does YASA need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with a response to a general enquiry, a quote, a marketing request or a recruitment submission for example, we need to collect personal data for correspondence purposes. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes YASA would contact you for additional consent.
Will YASA share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to YASA in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to deliver you a quote, respond to a recruitment submission, respond to a marketing request or general enquiry. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with YASA’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will YASA use the personal data it collects about me?
YASA will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavor to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. YASA is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will YASA contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
YASA at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If YASA does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of YASA or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
What forms of ID will I need to provide in order to access this?
YASA accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested:
Passport, driving licence, birth certificate, utility bill (from last 3 months), etc.
Contact details of the Data Protection Officer:
YASA Data Protection Officer
11-14 Mead Road
Oxford Industrial Park, Yarnton,
01865 952 100
Recruitment Policy version 1.1 Effective 25th May 2018.